Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election day

I did brave the deluge to go vote today - even took my kiddos with me! I am really thankful for the handy-dandy computerized touch-screen voting machines we have in my area. Makes voting while holding a restless 3 year old very easy:-)
Ya know, I get discouraged with our officials just like everybody else from time to time. It seems like MY values are never represented in Washington, or Raleigh, or heck, even downtown right here! But I try to remember what a privilege it is that little 'ol me IS able to have a voice. I can cast my vote, and if I don't like my representative's performance, than I have the right to try to get 'em out of there the next time. We take so much for granted - let's try to remember, even when it's frustrating, MUCH has been sacrificed to give you and me the freedom to do what we did today.
(and looks like only 3 of the bond referendums passed - maybe my property taxes won't be raised *quite* so much. WOOHOO!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home