Friday, July 07, 2006

Mikey and i watched a really interesting movie last night - it's called Proof. I hadn't heard of it before (but I live under a rock, so it could be completely popular and I'm just clueless:-); but it had quite a line up - Gwyneth Paltrow (looking absolutely stunning as usual), Anthony Hopkins (not a huge role, but I think he's brilliant in whatever he does), and Jake Gyllenhaal (who I did NOT like the first time I saw, but he's growing on me a lot lately).

Basic premise of the film is this: Daughter has put her entire life on hold for years taking care of dad, a genius mathematician who becomes mentally ill. He dies, and she is now having to face her fears, learn to love, etc.

Anyway, I recommend it. It's a good, make-you-think, kind of movie.

This movie also gave me flashbacks to high school geometry LOL and Mr. Schenkel our principal telling me I ought to be a math major when I went to college. HA! I abhor math!! I'm not awful at it, but I so, so hate it. I was thrilled to discover that my major in college only required me to take one math course - I took Math for you and your dog:-) (aka Statistics 101)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home